The AgriSkills project intends to develop and improve level of key competences and skills of young adults from rural areas, with the purpose of developing their own business.
We will include, beside, young adults unemployed people, in some partner country, inmates together with the educators from penitentiary, taking in consideration the fact that for reintegration a great source can be the agriculture skills.
In addition to the agricultural skills that this project plans to transfer to the target group, ICT skills, foreign languages, entrepreneurial and social skills will also be delivered to disadvantaged young adults from rural and remote areas, in order to raise their level of employability.
The partners of the AgriSkills project will contribute to the investigation of the competency profile at their national level, in order to discover the level of knowledge the target group owns about various agricultural areas such as: organic farming and biodiversity, apiculture, agritourism, horticulture, viticulture, fish farming, silk farming, etc., related to the national specific climate and soils conditions. After identifying the training needs of the youths from rural areas, the AgriSkills partnership will develop innovative teaching materials, taking into consideration the results of the needs analysis.
Entrepreneurship represents a major factor of economic growth, innovation, competitiveness, workforce occupancy and social integration, being supported at a European level. Therefore, this project intends generate profitable businesses for young adults with precarious conditions from rural and remote areas, by giving them access not only to agricultural field specific courses, but also to all the necessary information on how to become a successful entrepreneur. The courses developed within the AgriSkills project will be provided depending on the identified needs analysis of the young adults , at the national level of the partners.
Specific objectives of the AgriSkills project are:
– To raise the employability level of young adults from rural and remote areas;
– To bridge the gap between the labor market needs and the lack of knowledge and competences of youths;
– To provide personalized training to young adults, according to the needs identified at national level, to improve the quality of work;
– To help keeping the young adult rural population employed and to prevent migration to big cities;
– To maintain the activity of the rural areas, to conserve and improve traditional ways of existence;
– To develop a competitive labor market in the European agricultural field;
– To improve the living conditions of young adults by offering guidance and support to the target group in developing their own business, thus increasing their level of income;
– To use the AgriSkills partnership’s networks for disseminating the project’s products, to attract the interest of policy makers, stakeholders, potential beneficiaries, to have a high impact, at a European level;
– To transfer not only agricultural skills to young asults with precarious conditions, but also ICT skills, foreign language, entrepreneurial and social skills, with the purpose of creating their own business;
– To increase occupancy rate of labor, providing jobs for unemployed young adults of the rural communities.
– To offer reintegration support for the young inmates
The project will last 36 months and is structured around 4 Intellectual Outputs (IO) with the following responsible partners:
- MAP of needs- lead partner TUM from Germany and co-lead partner CPIP from Romania
- AgriSkills Course Package-lead partner New EDU from Slovakia and co-leader ARID from Poland
- Digital Component- DEFOIN from Spain and co-leader COMU from Turkey
- New entrepreneurial virtual initiative- CPIP from Romania and co-leader Defoin from Spain